Buy Boron Nitride CoatingWe supply ceramic Boron Nitride Coating in US gallon containers. If you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact us and our experts will be happy to assist you.
About Boron Nitride CoatingPrecision Ceramics’ Boron Nitride Coating creates a layer of boron nitride powder on a variety of materials – from metals and graphite to ceramics and organics, this coating is incredibly versatile. It comes in a thick liquid form that can be brushed, or it can be diluted with water to make its consistency more appropriate for spraying or dipping. By combining Boron Nitrides unique properties of high thermal conductivity, excellent lubricating abilities, and low electrical conductivity with the functionality of a paint, we have created an entirely new product that offers unsurpassed performance as an anti-stick release agent & lubricant in an incredibly convenient form. This coating is ideal for creating a high temperature protective release coating, forming a “barrier layer” between dissimilar materials, or as a high performance lubricant on wear parts. Our Boron Nitride Coating is one of the highest performing dry film lubricants on the market today. Of all solid lubricants available today, hexagonal boron nitride has the highest temperature resistance in air. It can sustainably be used at approximately 900°C while other solid lubricants will start to oxidize and lose their lubricating properties at much lower temperatures. Boron Nitride’s friction coefficient stays almost perfectly unchanged over a large range of temperatures.
Boron Nitride Coating Features
- Bonds well with a wide range of materials
- Readily dilutable to a level suitable for specific application
- Applies like ordinary house paint – easily applied
- Excellent lubricating properties
- Resistant to molten metal corrosion and light metal drosses
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
- High temperature stability
- Prevents adherence/reaction/galling
- Good chemical inertness
- Low dielectric constant
- Maintains properties in nearly any environment; high temperatures, vacuums, etc.
- Non-wet by most molten metals, salts, fluxes and slags – Acts Like Teflon® to Molten Metal
- Helps in removal of solidified metals
Boron Nitride Coating Applications
- Welding & Brazing
- Protects from weld spatter
- Eliminates sticking & carbon contamination
- Molten metal processing & metal forming
- Inhibits corrosion and chemical attack and provides easier release and longer mold/die life